As one of our valued guest (hereinafter “You”), it is always a pleasure to welcome You to one of our hotels. Our first priority is to offer You exceptional stays and experiences around the world. Your full satisfaction and faith in ACCOR is essential to us.
ACCOR may use Your PI for marketing purposes. If required by applicable law, You will be requested to give Your prior express consent to receive such marketing materials
ACCOR 7 Privacy Principles
The following constitute ACCOR 7 Privacy Principles, which apply throughout the ACCOR Group worldwide.
- Transparency : when collecting and processing Your PI, we will provide You with relevant information and notice, for what purposes and who are the recipients.
- Access, Rectification and Objection: we offer You ways to access, modify, correct or delete Your PI. You also have the opportunity to object to the processing of Your PI for marketing purposes. Please see contact details below.
- Confidentiality & Security : we will implement reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect Your PI against accidental or unlawful alteration or loss, or from unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
- Any data processing implemented by ACCOR owned and managed hotels, i.e. hotels which are part of the ACCOR Group, including managed hotels, e.g. hotels operating under the following brands Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel, Grand Mercure, Suite Novotel, Mercure, MGallery, ibis, all seasons, Etap Hotel, Hotel F1, Formule 1. This list is regularly updated.
- Any ACCOR booking web sites, i.e. existing ACCOR websites, e.g. www.accorhotels.com. and also brand website (www.sofitel.com, www.mercure.com,...).
What Personal Information?
As an ACCOR’s guest, You may be asked, at various times, to provide PI about Yourself and Your family members, such as :
- Contact information, e.g. name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses, etc;
- Other personal details: date of birth; nationality,
- Children Information: name, birth date and age;
- Credit card details (only in transactional related system)
- Membership card numbers of any ACCOR loyalty program or any membership number of frequent flyer or any of ACCOR’s partners You are registered with;
- Your dates of arrival and departure/visit from our hotels;
- Your preferences and interests, e.g. smoking or non-smoking room, preferred location of Your room (low floor, high floor, etc.), type of bed, preferred newspaper, sports and cultural interests;
- Any questions/comments You may have during or after Your stay in one of our hotels.
We do not knowingly collect PI from children under the age of 18, except name, date of birth and nationality as provided directly by an adult on their behalf or with adult’s permission. Please make sure that Your children do not provide us with any PI without Your permission, e.g. online. If You believe Your child has submitted PI to us, please contact us so that we can delete such PI.
Generally, we do not knowingly collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life details.
In addition, depending on the applicable law, other data than those listed above may also be considered as sensitive data: credit card number, leisure habits, personal activities and hobbies, cultural habits, smoker/ non-smoker status, etc. However, we may need to collect such data which may be considered as sensitive, to satisfy Your request or provide You with specific services such as specific diet or any disability access facilities.
In such case, if required by applicable law, we will ask You to expressly consent that we collect and process such sensitive information.
When is my Personal Information collected?
PI may be collected in certain circumstances including without limitation as follows :
- Hospitality activities such as :
- Booking of an hotel room;
- Check in and check out;
- Consumption during a stay in an hotel as tracked through room charges;
- Claims, requests and/or disputes.
- Participation in marketing programs :
- Registering with ACCOR’s loyalty programs;
- Contribution to guests surveys and/or comments (e.g. “Guest Satisfaction Survey”, “Contact us”; “Guests comments”; “Satisfait ou invité”);
- Subscription to newsletters, to receive e-mail offers or promotions.
- Provision of information by third party service providers :
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, others, ...
- Internet activities :
- Connection to any ACCOR websites (IP address, session cookies);
- Fill in of an online collection form (e.g. online bookings, questionnaire, etc.).
What are the purposes?
We use Your PI for the following purposes :
- To manage Your reservation and booking :
- To book and reserve ACCOR hotel rooms and requested accommodation;
- To establish and maintain business records and comply with accounting requirements;
- For back office processing; including managing a list of undesirable guests, further to a non-payment, or to improper behaviour, etc.
- To manage Your stay at the hotel :
- To track consumption (telephone, bar, Internet, pay TV…);
- To access rooms.
- To improve our hospitality services, including :
- To process Your PI in ACCOR’s Clients Relationship Management (CRM) program;
- To better understand Your needs and requests;
- To tailor our products and services to better suit Your desires
- To send You newsletters, promotions and marketing material or contact you about tourism, hospitality or services, hotel promotions, or about ACCOR partners. You can choose to unsubscribe from our Email Newsletters service by clicking a link in one of our email newsletters.
- To improve our ACCOR services, including :
- To conduct surveys and analyze guests’ questionnaires and comments and activity patterns
- To manage guests’ complaints.
- To let you benefit from our loyalty program
- To secure and improve Your use of ACCOR Internet websites, including :
- To improve website navigation and;
- To implement security and fraud prevention means.
- To comply with local regulations (e.g. retention of business or accounting documents).
Sharing of your Personal Information
As a global company, we strive to offer You the same level of service and hospitality all around the world. To this end, subject to Your rights set forth in section Access and modification below, we may have to share Your PI with internal or external recipients in the following ways :
- The ACCOR Group: we may share Your PI with any ACCOR entity authorized individuals who need to access Your PI to provide You with the requested services or in the context of an action as a consequence of You providing such PI :
- Hotel Staff;
- Reservation Staff using ACCOR reservation tools;
- Information Technology, commercial partnership and marketing departments;
- Medical services, if any;
- Legal Department, if necessary; and
- Any relevant individuals of the ACCOR Group entities for specific categories of data.
- External service providers and partners: we may share Your PI with third parties for providing You with the requested services and improving Your stay with us :
- Third party service providers: IT subcontractors, international call centers, banks, credit card providers; outside counsels, mailing service providers, printing companies;
- Commercial Partners.
- Local authorities – internal investigations: we may also share information with local authorities if required by local law or as part of internal investigations within the ACCOR Group in compliance with local regulations.
ACCOR takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in ACCORdance with local law requirements, to protect Your PI against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. To this end, we have implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organisational measures such as a login/efficient password system, physical protection, etc.
You may have to enter Your credit card details to complete Your reservations; in such event, ACCOR uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt such PI.
Session cookies/external links
When you visit the Accor Group's websites, some browsing-related information on your device (computer, Smartphone, tablet etc.) is likely to be recorded in files called "cookies" and stored on your device.
What are the different types of cookies?
There are several categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to browse some websites and use all of their features (the user's operating system support, display etc.). Without these cookies, features such as the display will not have optimum functionality. Note: these cookies collect purely technical data and do not identify you personally.
- Performance cookies: these cookies help us improve a user's experience by helping us understand how they use our websites (most frequently visited pages, applications used etc.). These cookies do not identify you individually.
- Functionality cookies: in order to make browsing easier, these cookies store certain user preferences (language, username, country etc.).
- Targeting/advertising cookies: these cookies enable a user to receive targeted advertisements based on their interests, but they also limit the number of times that the advertisements appear.
- Affiliate cookies: these cookies enable third parties ("affiliates") that publish marketing campaigns on their websites to be paid on behalf of the "web merchant".
- Cookies from social networks: these third-party Cookies let you communicate the content of our site to others, as well as your opinion in relation to our site. This is the case with the "Share" and "Like" buttons on "Facebook," "Twitter," "LinkedIn," "Viadeo," etc. Social networks which offer these application buttons can identify you by these buttons, even if you did not click on one of them when you visited our site. Indeed, some Cookies allow the social network concerned to follow your navigation on our site whenever your social network account is activated on your device when at the same time, you are on our site. We have no control over the procedures social networks use to collect information about your navigation on our site. Please read these social networks privacy policies regarding personal data. These should allow you to exercise certain privacy options with these social networks, in particular by adjusting your user accounts for each of these networks.
Cookies help us to improve the quality of your browsing experience when visiting the Accor Group's websites. This technical process primarily allows us to:
- adapt the layout of our websites to suit your device's display preferences (language, display resolution, operating system used etc.)
- store some of the information that you fill in on our online forms to help us personalize your subsequent visits to our websites
- enable you to access your personal pages more quickly by storing the log-in details or information that you have previously entered
- collect statistics. These relate mainly to the number of times you visit our websites and your use of the different services that we provide (sections and content viewed, links), with the aim of improving their relevance and usability
- put security measures in place (for example asking you to reconnect to a page or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed)
- offer you, through advertisements, personalized content that is likely to be of interest to you (better offers, other destinations etc.).
Important: Advertisements or links to third-party websites may be included on our websites. Your personal details may be collected by third parties when you click on these links. This Charter does not cover visits to third-party websites. The Accor Group cannot be held responsible for the policy of third-parties regarding personal details and the use thereof.
How can you manage your cookies (enable, limit, block)?
Configuring your Internet browser (Internet Explorer™, Firefox™, Safari™, Google Chrome™, Opera™etc.) is a free and effective way of managing cookies. You can then decide:
- to enable the use of all cookies integrated in the pages and content that you consult. Note: on the one hand, these cookies will only be readable by their issuers. On the other hand, this process is not definitive, and it will always be possible for you to disable these cookies afterwards, (cookie management will vary depending on your Internet browser; please refer to the relevant instructions)
- to be asked by your browser to either agree or disagree before the installation of a new cookie on your device
- to accept or reject the cookies depending on the issuer
For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Block-enable-or-allow-cookies
For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=95647
For Safari™: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=en_US
For Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Cookies "Flash"© in "Adobe Flash Player"™
"Adobe Flash Player"™ is an application which enables the rapid development of dynamic content using "Flash" programming language. Flash (and applications of the same type) stores the settings, preferences and usage of this content using technology similar to cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player"™ manages this information and your preferences through an interface that is different to the one provided by your browser software.
As your device is likely to display content developed using Flash language, we would ask you to access Flash cookie management by consulting the site directly http://www.adobe.com/.
Access and modification
If You wish to exercise Your rights on Your PI held by a specific hotel, then You must contact the hotel directly.
To object to the processing of Your PI for marketing purposes or if You encounter any problem when exercising Your rights, You can contact the dedicated Data Privacy Contact of the Accor Group:ACCOR
Data Privacy Dpt
110 Avenue de France
75210 Paris Cedex 13, France
In the interests of protecting the privacy of all the ACCOR Group’s guests, we will need to identify You properly prior to responding to Your request. To this end, we may request a copy of a valid identification paper such as a current driver's licence, identity card or passport.
If Your PI is not accurate, complete or up to date, please provide the ACCOR Dpt. Data Privacy with Your request for correction. Any requests for correction will be dealt with as soon as practicable or in compliance with applicable law.
Questions / Contact